Solent School of Driving

Contact Us Today
The Theory Test Explained
The Driving Test Explained
Driving Courses & Prices
Bad Weather & Your Driving Test
Special Needs and the Practical Driving Test
Areas Covered
The Pass Plus Scheme
Intensive Driving Courses
Become a Driving Instructor
B + E Trailer Towing Training
Taxi, Hackney & Private Hire Assessment
Gallery & Testimonials
Web Links Page

This site  The Web 

CALL TODAY 01243 603112 
“Drive 4 Life”
with Solent School Of Driving
I am ready for another busy training day

Solent School Of Driving Instructors are all fully qualified ADI's and CRB certified, with a friendly and patient manner, covering the Sussex / Hampshire areas.

We can help you with your Theory and Hazard Perception Tests,  All books and DVD's at discount prices

All car's are modern dual controlled, we offer a wide choice of Driver Training from Novice to Intensive.

All our Instructors are also Observer's for both of the following Advanced Driving organisations, The Institute of Advanced Motorist ( IAM ) and Royal Society of Prevention of Accidents ( Rospa ). We also Instruct for Skid Control at Goodwood Motor Circuit, Chichester.

Price's start at our unique Novice Plan, first 4 hours for the price of 3,  then we have Student and Block booking discounts.  We specialise in Intensive Course.

You can be collected or Dropped off at College or work place at no extra cost.

Always Offer 1:1 tuition ( No Car Sharing )

Always ask if we have any Special offers running.

Solent School Of Driving, also have a team of qualified trainers who can train you to become a Driving Instructor,  all training conducted locally with no hidden cost's.

PDI's (Potential Driving Instructors) and ADI's (Approved Driving Instructors) always required.

Click on the left for all the various Pages for full information.

Look forward to talking to you soon

Kevin Crowley D.S.A. A.D.I. (Car) MIAM, Rospa


Legal Requirements
Rules for learner drivers

Before you start to drive, you must:

1:  hold a valid, provisional driving licence for Great Britain or Northern Ireland

2:  make sure that any vehicle you drive is roadworthy and properly taxed and insured

It is important to learn safe driving practice from the beginning of your driving career because bad habits are hard to break.

It is unlikely that anyone except an approved driving instructor (ADI) would have the experience, knowledge and training to teach you properly. Learning safe driving habits from the start will improve the safety of yourself and other road users.

If you want to practise your driving with an accompanying driver, the accompanying driver must be over the age of 21 and must have held (and still hold) a full licence, in the relevant vehicle category, for three years.

As a learner driver you must display 'L' plates ('L' or 'D' plates in Wales) in a conspicuous position on the front and rear of the vehicle you are driving.

Minimum age you can take a test

You can take your theory test once your provisional licence becomes valid.

Normally, for car drivers, the earliest date your provisional licence can become valid is your 17th birthday, however you can apply for the licence up to three months before your 17th birthday.

So, if you apply for your provisional licence before you are 17 you will still have to wait until your birthday before you can take your theory test.

For more information about applying for a provisional licence, please phone me on 07913 551489 or email me on

Disability living allowance

If you are receiving disability living allowance at the higher rate your provisional licence will come into effect when you are 16, but you can apply for it within three months of your 16th birthday.

Kevin O'Neil Crowley D.S.A. A.D.I (Car)
Registered Office: 10 Marine Gardens, Selsey, CHICHESTER, West Sussex, PO20 0LJ
Telephone: 01243 603112, Mobile: 07913 551489